The Labor Environment Action Network is a grassroots network of ALP members who aim to:
- Influence the policies of the ALP and Labor parliamentary caucuses to support strong action on climate change and sustainability based on the science.
- Advocate moving to a low carbon economy in a way which reflects Labor’s values of social justice, decent work and strong communities.
- Engage and mobilise ALP members around climate change and sustainability.
- Develop dialogue and relationships with unions, business, think tanks, environmental NGOs and community organisations committed to action on sustainability and climate change
- Promote and grow LEAN and ALP membership throughout Australia
LEAN is a new way for people to become involved in and engage with the Party. We are non-factional, and welcome all Party members committed to learning more about climate change and taking action.
What LEAN does:
- Organises speakers for ALP Branch meetings to discuss climate change and sustainability
- Hold regular forums and discussions, often with prominent environmentalists.
- Circulate resolutions for consideration by branches to promote debate on environmental issues.
- Develop and campaign for the implementation of policies which reduce greenhouse gas emissions, create green jobs and support ecological sustainability.